Virtual backgrounds can be turned on from within the lobby as well as inside the Session room. Here's how!
- Navigate to the room's lobby and give Session access to your microphone and camera
- Next, click on the drop-down icon next to the camera icon
- Select Virtual Background
If you are inside the room, the icon will be a drop-up (^) icon next to the camera icon.
- A panel will then open to the right of the screen. Here you can:
- Click on None to remove an already applied virtual background.
- Blur your actual background.
- Upload a photo (We recommend using JPEG, JPG, or PNG images that are 5MB or less. GIFs can be used here as well, however, they will not move).
- Use one of the 13 preloaded virtual backgrounds.
- Click on Done to exit the panel
Important tip! If performance issues occur during meetings please disable virtual backgrounds and reload.
Removing Your Virtual background
To remove your virtual background:
- From the lobby, or inside the room itself, click on the drop-up/down icon next to the camera icon. This is the video settings button. If you're in the room, look at the toolbar at the bottom.
- Click on Virtual Background
- Click None
- Next, click Done at the top right to close the panel
Things to note
- This feature is available for all meeting participants.
- Your virtual background setting will remain for future Session meetings/calls unless you had removed it.
- Your camera must be turned on in order for the virtual background to show up.
- The pre-loaded photos of actual physical rooms are blurred by default. You may upload your own room background if you would like it to be in focus.
- If you are using a built-in webcam or an external webcam has a privacy screen, closing it will not stop your virtual background from showing. The virtual background will still show.
- Uploaded photos are not saved within the virtual background area. You will be required to re-upload the photo if you switched to another virtual background or had turned virtual backgrounds off.