Session accounts are great for those that want to host their own meetings, webinars, events, and more. Once you create an account, you can also setup a joining profile that you can use for joining any session or room link.
Note: Session accounts are not required to be able to join a room or session link. They are mainly recommended for those looking to host.
Creating an account
Navigate to https://www.session.com/ and click the Sign up button in the top right corner.
You will be redirected to the sign up page, which will ask you to create a Hopin account (parent company of Session). You can sign up with your Google account or use our password-less signup.
Setting up your profile
After your account is created, you will be redirected to https://app.session.com/dashboard, where you can setup your profile in a few quick steps.
1. Select your use case - This helps us better tailor Session to your needs.
2. Enter your display name - This will be displayed to others when you join a session or room. You can change this any time in your profile settings or each time you join a session or room.
3. Enter your unique URL - This will be your landing page in your dashboard and the URL that is used as a prefix for all sessions and rooms that you create. Note: This cannot be changed later.
Modifying your profile settings
You can adjust your profile settings at any time from your Session dashboard. We recommend adding a photo for your profile avatar, which is displayed next to your name when you join a session or room.
- Click your profile icon in the top right corner of your dashboard (https://app.session.com/dashboard).
- Select Settings - a popup will be displayed where you can adjust your profile settings.
- You can edit your name, upload your avatar, enable browser notifications, and more.
Things to note
- The recommended aspect ratio for your profile avatar is 1:1 (i.e. square). If you upload an image with different dimensions, Session will crop it automatically.
- It is currently not possible to edit your email address for your account. Please contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to change it.
- To delete your Session account, please contact our privacy team (email@example.com).