Session has a simple sign-up page that allows room owners to collect basic data about participants that joined their sessions. Currently, you can collect names, email addresses and can make it so that sign-in is required. This data can be exported by room owners as well.
How to Configure What Participant Data is Captured When Joining a Room
- Login to your Session room owner account
- Click on the room tile you would like to change the settings for
- Click on Customize
- Click on Lobby at the top
- Select the Participant info icon at the left
- You can choose to have participants enter:
- their name only which is the default
- their name and email address
- or, require that they are logged in to their Session account.
Participants will be given the option to sign up if they do not have an existing Session account.
- Click on Done to close the customization panel.
How to Export the Participant Data
After the session has ended, you can export the data as a CSV within the History page of your Session account. Here are the steps:
- Go to your dashboard/home page
- Locate the history card for the session that you want to export the data for
- Click View all participants
- Click on the download icon to export the participant list as a CSV file.
- Save the file to your device.
The exported file will include the participants' name, email address (if requested), and whether the email address was verified.