Creating a webinar is very similar to creating a room. The main difference in creating a webinar is that it's a scheduled session/event, you will need to set the date and time, as well as the duration.
Let's get started!
- First, log into your Session room owner account
- From the Home tab/Dashboard, click on the New Webinar button.
- Input the name of your webinar. (The name that you set here will be included in the URL for the webinar. The URL cannot be changed.)
- Set the date and time you would like to schedule it by manually typing it in or clicking on the calendar icon and selecting a date from the calendar view and the time dial.
- Newly created webinars will default to start at 9:00 AM on the next day and are set to last for 1 hour.
- Important: It's important to note that the system displays the date and time here based on the timezone set on the device that is being used.
- Set the duration of your scheduled event by clicking on the drop-down icon within the hour and minute fields.
The available options are in 1-hour intervals and 15-minute intervals in the respective fields.
- Click on Create
- Next, select your room theme. You can choose between the Meetup theme, the Workshop theme, and the Interactive Webinar theme. then click on "Set theme".
- Optional: Customize the newly created room and its lobby. Click here for details on customizing your room, the lobby, and the stage.
- That's it. Next, invite participants and hosts to your webinar.
Tip! Hosts can customize webinars before they start using the host join link. Once they navigate to the URL, they will be taken to the room's customization panel.
Things to note
- You can create as many webinars as you want. There is no limit.
- Webinars can be created using any of the three themes. Please note that only the Workshop and Interactive themes have a stage.
- Scheduled webinars can be rescheduled, duplicated, and deleted.